Friday, December 28, 2012

Retro Lighting Craziness

My friend is currently in the market for a house and she always knows what weird things will catch my fancy. This popped up in one of the houses she toured today so she had to take a photo and share it with me.

This is in the bedroom. I don't even know what is going on here. It appears to be a pull down light? and the owners couldn't decide whether they wanted to go square or round so they chose both. Why not?

It sounds like this is the house currently on the top of her list and rightfully so! Any house with a crazy light like this has to be good. Right?

Right?
 
Well...this is the bathroom. Now I admit to liking a lot of things the general population frowns upon in the decorating department. BUT this combination is even a bit much for me. Now note I did say combination. I do think that wallpaper would be flower-power-rific in the right space. I have a feeling that tile is plastic and gross in person. If it was ceramic I like that color combination too. 

3 comments:

  1. On the bright side, that would be an awesome bathroom for the before and after photos! Though, the bath tub is rather inconveniently arranged for converting into a shower. That's not a perfect spot for that window! I'd definitely have to rearrange the fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are more concerned about the linen closet above the tub. I didn't even notice the window! Hmm, it's a 50's house so I think glass blocks might fix the problem and look OK.

    Pam, you're supposed to be on vacation! :op

    ReplyDelete