Thursday, June 3, 2010

Delayed Finished Tile Photos

Whoa, I've been slacking and realized I didn't even post finished pictures of the bathroom floor!

The tile makes me think of an ice cream parlor so no using this bathroom when I am on a diet.

I was so worried about getting the tiles straight I didn't even think about getting them flat! Fortunately I didn't realize this was an issue until one, yes, ONE little tile was not sitting flat with the others. I know it's there. Will anyone else see it? Probably not.

I would also like to comment grout does not come off the very edges of $2 tile easily (does it on expensive tiles? I don't know.) I finally found the scratchy 3M pads work well though it is time consuming to go over each edge so luckily this room isn't very big.

The finished product. I guess the "lovely" 70's fixture puts off a soft yellow glow but the tiles are white.

A reminder of the before. Eww!! Definitely an improvement.

Not much else to report as my main helper decided to have gallbladder surgery and then leave the state for a while. I've been trying to get things done but it's only ever so slowly creeping forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment