Thursday, July 29, 2010

Welcome Billy!

Billy the Bookcase that is!

Of course, since we had to drive through Minneapolis why not spend the day at Ikea? (after a quick run to the Lego and Sanrio stores across the street)
My mom has been pining over the cube shelves since she first laid eyes on them last year. We only had the PT Cruiser so my dad and I literally had to tear her away from the shelves as she decided to give them a hug and then refused to let go. Since this year we brought the van and left my dad at home I too decided to jump on the organizational unit bandwagon with a Billy Bookcase. Yes, the line is called Billy. I do not name my bookcases despite the fact that does sound like something I would do.

Cammie wanted to help...or claim the boxes. She currently has a fort she made for herself out of the empty boxes in the dining room.

Yay! I did it all by myself and it only took about 10 minutes to put it all together and get to this point.

To differentiate this cheapy bookcase from just a cheapy Target bookcase I got glass doors to classy it up which extended my 10 min assembly to approximately 2 hours. I was too lazy to run down to the basement and find the electric screwdriver plus I figured I would crack or drill right through them. Mark's short bookcases look silly now so I guess I will have to get a Billly #2 and a Billy #3 to match.

What do I currently have on Billy?

I thought this shelf turned out cute and I also know I will just keep piling on little critters so I better get a picture now.

Ninja? Wrestler?, Hamsters? Mice? Del Taco. And Nicolette (I know you secretly stalk my blog) I now have a good spot for my mini mug you gave me. Good as long as Mark doesn't get too excited when pulling out one of his outdated Almanacs.

No, there are no longer any Cookie-Crisps or trolls inside this box. They were removed and eaten probably close to 20 years ago now. *gasp* Now I feel old and am wondering why I think a cereal box is appropriate to use as a decoration

No comments:

Post a Comment