Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"New" Porch Door

On to the previous week's project.This was the front screen door which was the first thing to greet a visitor or what people could see when they walked or drove past. It opens into the screened in porch where the real front door is but as you can see from the photos it is crooked, dented and shiny aluminum.This is from inside the porch. I swear I had outdoor views but I don't know where they went and I'm too lazy to take another one right now.


 This is my "new" $30 door from the salvage store.  
I am looking forward to not having snow blow through the bottom, being able to lock it, not having the bottom panel snapping back and forth in the wind and the list could go on but I'll stop now. 

The door basically was the correct size. A little short, as seen by the new boards on the top and it was about 1/4" too wide so a little shaving was necessary.

1 comment:

  1. It's all good as long as the door stands sturdy, just as doors should be. The aged look is actually pretty stylish for the porch. In terms of style, it's better than plain aluminum. Good job on a nice buy!

    William Gulliver

    ReplyDelete