Saturday, November 3, 2012

Free Friday

Once a month our salvage store has a "Free Friday" at the beginning of the month. It's been sparse the past couple of months but this month I did come home with some cra...er, useful treasures.

A very awkward shot on the porch but it works.
 
I've been looking for a "new" coffee table, preferably a Lane Acclaim to match my side tables but this blends with my Lane Perception dining room so it works. It has a model stamp but no brand name. I believe the legs and decorative middle would all be one piece if it was from any of the major furniture makers so it is probably just from a random furniture company. It is much sturdier than my current table (I believe it could hold up to a small dance party on top) and hey, it was free so it will do and I can hold out until I find that Acclaim table at a decent price - remember my $20 limit, though I may splurge and pay $50 for one if it is in good shape...
 
The old time-y light will replace the broken 1980's fixture above the garage door and I have no clue what to do with the pendant light in my 100 yr old house but I thought it was pretty cool for free so it will be added to my collection of possible future basement lighting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment