Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Another Fantastic Estate Sale House (this time with photos!)

I was just being productive and scraping the gross finish off the living room windows when I was interupted by a giant clap of thunder. OK, probably not the best time/place to be working with my nose plastered against the window.

I just discovered this house listing earlier so it was a good excuse to sit in the middle of the house, on an unplugged laptop. I went to an estate sale at it a couple of weeks ago, mainly to see the house since it is in the fancy mod 50's section of town (which consists of maybe 20 houses). They had nice prices to go along with the nice house but I managed to find a nifty tissue box. I failed to get a good picture of it. I didn't realize how awkward it was to find a good angle to show a white plastic box.

The house was/is immaculate. I would swear it was brand new and not from 1952. There was an entire store room in the basement devoted to tiles, light fixtures and other odds and ends which probably helped maintain the look. The photos all link up to the listing to get all of the info and some more photos:

I love the crazy doors which this one is hard to make out. (there is an open view of one in a later shot)

This is a view from the living room to the front door (barely visible behind the bookshelf)

 The library section of the living room. I think I would call it a library/troll area if this was my space.

 A view of the back patio from the formal dining area with great floor tiles.

There is a grill or something by the stove top. I didn't notice it when I was there so I cannot confirm what it is. I did notice the tiles on the bar have a really pretty pattern which unfortunately isn't showing up due to glare. 

Opposite view of the kitchen. Unfortunately they don't have a picture of the "pantry" which probably was at least half the size of my kitchen. She had a section the size of my pantry completely devoted to plastic storage containers! A hanging rod for table linens and plenty of shelves for canned goods and dish towels. 
The casual dining area off of the kitchen. They had a white table with a glass top and matching chairs. They needed to take the photos before they sold all of the original furniture!

The spacious laundry room. 

 This bathroom wasn't open at the estate sale.

The tiles are lovely and great color choices as they have a timeless quality to them. 

The other bathroom maze between 2 of the bedrooms was open. This was the first room off of the front bedroom. It is hard to spot due to reflections, but that is a rotating toothbrush holder above the sink. 

 The linen room was off of the bathtub room. They had toiletries on the glass counter. The cupboards had towels and bed linens.

The toilet (no photos) was in a small room in between the sink rooms. The back bedroom got the shower room. 

Opposite view of the shower room. My tissue box was on the counter to the right. I feel bad it's new home is in my pathetic half bath where the only room I have for it is on the toilet. The small room in the back she had all of her crafts and a sewing machine.

This was set up as a game room. Here is a good view of the crazy doors. This one goes to the back yard.
The listing has more views of the exterior and some semi-boring (since they are empty) bedroom, exterior and basement shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment