Monday, May 27, 2013

Water, Water Everywhere

I went down to throw in some laundry today and spotted something dark over in the corner. Pulling away some boxes and my, umm, giant R2-D2 I discovered this:

It did rain over 2" in an hour last night so that is the cause but the only other time we have had water in the basement over the years was because someone forgot to put the tarp against the house while they were power spraying it. The confusing part about this is this wall is behind the porch, meaning it has no real exterior contact and the worst part is another storm is coming in as I type. My little dehumidifier is frantically working away down there. I tried cleaning and clearing the nearest  downspout to see if that helps but even if that was the cause, the water should drain well away from this spot. Who knows! Luckily? the only cardboard box to get wet was one which I discovered I hadn't unpacked since we moved with nothing water damageable and the rest were plastic tubs.
 
Switch to the non-angering portion of the post: a goofy salt and pepper shaker set!
 
Oh, I guess the scale is not obvious in this picture but those are standard sized salt and pepper shakers (my definition of standard is what Burger King has on their tables) on  14" handles. For grillin'? That would be my guess.
 
It's hard to get out with the little one but I did manage to sneak out to a couple of church sales before work which is were I found these and some pink pyrex.
 
I'm trying to limit myself to older Pyrex this summer. I say that now but I already had a new piece of Butterfly Gold sneak into my collection. *sigh* and then I wonder why I have to move 19 boxes when I spot some moisture in the basement! (OK, it really was only 6 plus R2).
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment