Sunday, January 18, 2015

Aluminum Tree Box Repair

The husband made fun of me all yesterday afternoon/evening for making this my Saturday naptime project so I am giving him more fodder by blogging about it! Though I realized he isn't reading my blog when he just today discovered the patio door was green. "Was it green before?" he asked, quizzically looking a the door. Ha! Proof I can do whatever I want and he doesn't notice! This is fantastic!

This is the box for my prized aluminum Christmas tree. I'm still not sure why someone markered "Christmas '96 Hastings" on the top. I got it at a garage sale not too long after that date.
 
All of the corners kind of look like this (or worse.)
 
I made some strips from paper bags and used some wood glue to secure them to the corners. The "supportive" husband: "What are you doing?? Why don't you just go get a plastic tub and stick it in?"
 
Pfft, he just doesn't understand. It's the original box! As you can see, it has that weird brown packing tape all over it so I wasn't concerned about adding some more brown to reinforce the corners. I then had it sitting to cure for a while before putting in the branches and the cat decided it would make a good perch. Hence why it is on top of the fridge in this photo.
 
And my tipsy Santa ornament will be the end of this post and the Christmas décor until next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment