Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Potentially My New Potting Bench?

As my daughter would say "let's play a game of what's missing!"


If you said "bathroom sink", you win!

It all started when the sink was draining a little slow so I decided to get our little As Seen on TV drain snake and clean out the gunk. No problem, I'm digging around pulling up a lot of satisfying goo when...the little Velcro piece on the top of the snake falls off and into the depths of the drain.
Gah, a 5 minute project turns into me taking off the P-trap, fine! But why is it leaking when I put it back together!? Surely I am capable of this basic plumbing project? Yes, except the threads on one pipe are completely corroded away. We make a Menard's run only to have me remember my dad jerry-rigged something so the sink drain connects up to that new standard plumbing. The pipe I need doesn't exist. I need my dad to remember what he did.
So why did I rip the sink off the wall? This brings me to the fact I have had a new faucet set complete with drain but my dad has been dragging his feet on the situation because he is unsure he can get the new standard sized set to fit my weird antique sink. If he didn't think he could put it together, I sure wasn't going to try! (see above inability to reinstall P-trap) I figured this was as good of a chance as any to mess up the sink since he has to now figure out what he did to fix it before. Besides, if he can get the new drain set pieces installed, he wouldn't have to jerry-rig something to the bottom again so I took it apart (as much as I could) to force him to do it. hehe. I'm evil, I know.


The bottom of the sink with the weird drain where my dad had to cut and piece pipes together which obviously didn't work well - unless one wants to replace it every time someone drops something down the drain...

Here is a before, before of the sink. I can't find one sans stinky carpet, hmm.

Hopefully we can get it pieced back together and up and running again, I'm not sure how well it would work as a potting bench by my garage. Plus, I'm not really good in the plant potting department so it would probably be wasted on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment