Monday, June 11, 2012

Finishing Touches

Ack, I have a back log of blog posts going, mainly because I'm still running on a borrowed camera. I cleaned off my memory card today so lets see what I found!

First off I DID get my bathroom 100% back together. I have some fish sitting around still waiting to tell me where they want to live on the walls but otherwise, anyone walking in would never suspect what existed before in this space (except I have to show them before pictures).

In my "condition" I cannot be out spray painting so I had to bribe someone to get my mirror and toilet paper holder sprayed. I love spray painting why doesn't everyone else!?

This was the TP holder which came with the house. It is/was pot metal with an antiqued brass finish (obviously painted white at some point), stamped U.S.A. on the back and has a definite 70's Victorian revival vibe going for it so I decided it was worthy of a place in my bathroom. Umm, yeah, because I am so particular about my bathroom accessories...

Fresh coat of spray paint.

I wasn't sure what I wanted for a mirror but I found this one at Hobby Lobby for a total of $6 so it will hold me over until I find "the one." Of course it had some weird artsy cheap looking antiqued finish so it needed painted. 

A little sanding, some spray paint and it was ready to go! 

Our medicine cabinet is tiny, not to mention on the opposite wall from the sink as you can see in the mirror above so we needed a place to put toothbrushes, lotion and other odds and ends. This wobbly garage sale cupboard should do the trick!

Shelf paper to protect the wood shelves from toothpaste mishaps

 and some textured shelf paper on the glass so I only have to look at cloudy outlines of the clutter inside. Note the coasters on the front feet? The wobbliness was caused by someone cutting off only the front feet about 1/4". The old glass coasters seem to be the exact height needed to counteract this problem so that was an easy fix.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to find someone else that doesn't think everything needs chalk paint and to be distressed and shabby chic! Thank you! Your bathroom looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete