Friday, July 20, 2012

New Camera!

I finally picked out a new camera! As you may recall, my old one met (what I thought was) an untimely death though my husband pointed out I had owned it for over 5 years which is pretty good for an electronic device which travels around with me. Five years!? I guess...though my dad still occasionally dusts off his camera from 1969 and it is just like new. *sigh* technology.

I really just wanted the newer model of my Panasonic but reviews revealed they still hadn't dealt with the lens randomly freezing and breaking issue which made me cranky. Yes, even despite the fact it took 5 years to happen on mine. But what if this next one happens only after a year!? Anyways, I fell back to Nikon which I have never had any issues with - going back to my dad's 1969 model.
Yes, I'm sure they have their issues (I don't want to know about them) but this is my sparkly new camera I have been playing with.
I does have all kinds of fun little filters. Most of which I won't use and could easily use photoshop to create but what fun is that!?

 My favorite right now is the color selection. (yes, I know there is a better version on photoshop)


Pet mode is a must for my camera (ignore the background mess) and this one is right on the top dial for easy access.

I am also enjoying the old tyme sepia setting. 

Fish eye is another fun one, once I figure out where to aim. 

It also has all of the usual settings for people like me who want to take pictures of various things but don't know how/don't have the patience to adjust the camera settings i.e. museum, party, dusk, sports.

My dad approved of this camera but made the statement his old film Nikon will still be going strong long after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment